- I grew up in Redford Township just outside of Detroit Michigan.
- I have one older brother and I lived in a very dysfunctional family.
- Because my father was mean to me I was afraid of almost everything.
- When I was born my father wanted another boy not a girl
- He favored my brother and it showed.
- He even told me when I was older that he could not love me like he loved my brother because that was his son.
- My parents would go into the basement to argue. I remember standing at the top of the stairs Crying and wishing they would stop.
- One night as they argued they came upstairs and my mom went into the bathroom which was right across the hall from my bedroom. My dad busted in on her and pulled her off the toilet. Next thing I knew the police were at my house.
- Mind you that back in the fifties the police did not usually come out for domestic violence.
- My Parents divorced when I was about 9 years old.
- I was so glad my dad was gone but he took my brother with him.
- My mom never saw her son again.
- In school I was the one everyone bullied.
- I did not like myself and had very low self-esteem.
- I wanted so much to be excepted for who I was.
- There was one girl who seemed to be in every class I was in who would tease me right in front of the whole class and the teacher did nothing to stop her.
- I was the one who no one wanted on their team in sports. Always the last one to be chosen.
- I did not do well in school and this also mad my dad mad. My brother on the other hand was good in school.
- Although it took until a few years after the divorce I believe my panic attacks were caused by my family life and the way I was treated in school.
- When I went to jr. high I was finally in with the in crowd. The girl that teased me in grade school went to the other jr. high so she was not there to bother me.
- I remember one time after school I went up to the bowling lanes and one of the popular girls from school was there. She was bowling with the girl that teased me in grade school. She said
- 'Hey Pulk you want to bowl". I said sure. And the bully said “you hang around with her” Laura said sure. It felt so good to see Cindy’s face cringe.
- At the age of 13, I started having panic attacks but back then they did not know anything about this condition I ended up in a home for emotionally disturbed children and I did not even need to be there.
- I was kept behind locked doors for one and a half years.
- That was a very dark part of my life.
- I finally went back to public school for my senior year
- I graduated high school in 1970
- I met Tom in school and fell in love
- I got pregnant and he left me.
- At the age of 19 I gave birth to a daughter that I was forced to put up for adoption.
- I found her when she was about 35 years old.
- We are friends on Facebook but that is as far as she wants to take it
- I would love to meet her face to face
First defining moment
- Because of my panic disorder I was very dependent on my mom
- At the age of 20 I lost my mom to cancer. She was only 49 years old.
- I was forced to learn how to grow up really fast.
- I had to sell my mom’s house to pay off all her bills.
- I felt very much alone and did not know what I was going to do or where I was going to go.
- It was down to 2 weeks before I had to get out of my mom’s house but I had nowhere to go
- An old friend stopped by because she had heard of my mom’s death.
- I know God sent her to me and I ended up living at her parent’s house.
Life After Mom’s Death
- I rented a room from a friend’s parents till I got married
- I worked as a beautician.
- I got married at the age of 24
- I had 2 children a boy and a girl
- I worked as a waitress part time in the evenings.
Second Defining Moment
- My husband was abusive and I decided to leave, taking my kids and the cloths on our backs.
- That was hard for me to do because I still suffered from panic attacks.
- Came to a domestic violence shelter in Ann Arbor Michigan.
- I was on Welfare for a while.
- I attended college and studied computers.
- I did not finish college till years later I finally got an associate’s degree in general studies and a certificate in web technology.
- I really do like working with computers.
- Got a job as a computer operator. Best job I ever had.
- In 2005 I went back to college and got as associates degree and a certificate in web design.
- Never did anything with it.
- I ran a child day care for 9 years out of my home.
Third Defining Moment
- I found network marketing quite by accident.
- While doing scrapbooking online I met a lady in one of the groups who had an online business
- I joined her health business but failed at it. I knew nothing about branding myself or growing a business.
- I tried a few other mlm companies but still got nowhere.
- Then in 2014 I found Marc Lalonde and BrandingYOUniversity.
- BrandingYOUniversity is a one of a kind platform. You will not find a better platform anywhere online.
- You will find free courses that are evergreen and continually updated with the latest social media changes.
- Weekly webinars showing you how to grow your business online no matter what your business is.
- A community of people there to help you whenever you need it.
- Facebook groups you can join and get all the help you want.
- BrandingYOUniversity has shown me how to brand myself and build a business online.
- They give so much value and free courses. More than any other platform out there.
- Most of the courses are FREE. How many other platforms have that!!!!!
If you are struggling to get leads and grow your business or you are just starting out I recommend you join BrandingYOUniversity You will be glad you did Join here